Congratulations on deciding to migrate to Simplero. If you’re looking to grow your business using a simple all-in-one business solution, then you’re on the right track! Well done, you.
Now, I don’t want to overwhelm you, but before you dive in, let’s talk about what migrating to a new system and then successfully setting that system up actually involves. Because let’s be honest — it can be daunting at first.
First things first — when you undertake a big change like a system migration, make sure to give yourself enough time to prepare so everything runs smoothly.
And when you’re migrating to Simplero, in particular (because it truly does do nearly everything), you may also need to move data from other systems, such as:
- Email marketing systems
- Customer relationship management systems (CRMs)
- Course creation and hosting systems
- Media and data libraries
I know, it can sound overwhelming. But the better prepared you are upfront, the easier your migration will be. And trust me — taking the time to do it right the first time will save you loads of time (and frustration) over the long-term.
So if you’re ready to jump in, you’ve landed at the right place. Because in this article we’re going to talk you through how to experience fewer hiccups on your migration journey.
Ready to start experiencing business growth with this fantastic system? Let’s dive in.
Firstly, what is Simplero?
If you haven’t done your research yet, or you’re still sitting on the fence, then in a nutshell, this is all you really need to know:
Simplero makes running your online business simple.
If you want to
- make a switch to simple
- reduce the overwhelm of managing multiple accounts
- ditch the frustration integrations can bring
then Simplero is for you.
This software is our absolute favourite of all the all-in-one business solutions we’ve seen (and we’ve seen a lot). That’s because it allows small businesses to scale easily through marketing, online courses, and memberships.
And it gives you everything you need to do this in one easy-to-use platform.
That means no more integrations with third-party email marketing platforms, online course systems, CRMs, or even website builders are required.
You can literally do everything you need to grow your online business using this one system.
Which is why your decision to migrate to Simplero is such a great one!
Benefits Of Migrating To Simplero
If you’re looking for the benefits of migrating to Simplero, head on over to this post where we cover 27 different reasons we love Simplero and all the amazingness the platform will bring to your business life.
Here’s a quick recap:
- You don’t need any special technical skills or know-how to successfully set up Simplero.
- Your newly created online courses will be sleek, sophisticated, and take your business to the next level.
- Email marketing automations will be seriously easy to implement (and you can still send those one-off campaigns as well).
- Your media, data, and content can also be uploaded into Simplero meaning you no longer need to rely on links to third-party locations for your products (such as DropBox).
- It will be super easy for your customers to pay you thanks to Simplero taking the hassle out of setting up payment gateways.
- Help and support will always be on hand because Simplero’s customer service is exemplary and lightning-fast.
So now that you know some of the amazing benefits of migrating to Simplero, what about the actual steps you need to take?
Here are some must-do steps that will need to occur particularly when migrating to Simplero.
3 Must-do Steps For A Pain-Free Migration to Simplero
#1: Decide what to migrate
We mentioned earlier that Simplero is an all-in-one business solution, which means you will no longer need all those other marketing systems if you don’t want them.
So before you begin your migration, map out what you’d like to move across and what you will get rid of. This is a very important part of the process. You’ll want to consider data that are currently housed in your:
- Email marketing system — identify which contacts, lists, tags, broadcasts, and automations will move across. Now is a good time to clean out your contacts, review your lists and tags, and keep copies of your previous broadcasts and automations.
- Course content systems — course modules, lessons, and resources will all move across. This is a perfect time to consider if you’ll upgrade any of the content or keep it as-is.
- Marketing channels — do you need to keep your current website or can you move all your content across to Simplero? Now is a good time to review your landing pages, product pages, and membership sites.
- Media and data storage — any resources your customers need access to can be uploaded to Simplero (which, btw, can save you a lot of money and space with other storage services). Now is a good time to delete any old or out of date resources that don’t need to move across.
- Purchasing or gateway accounts — you may not have to migrate actual data for this step. However, now is a good time to map out if there are customers who still owe you money for a purchase (like a subscription service).
#2 Always keep a copy
We have been involved in many different system migrations and if there is one step we never miss, it’s taking a backup.
There are processes in place to import data to Simplero from your old systems. Utilise these where you can to save time. However, don’t forget to keep a copy on your local system should there be a glitch in the process.
And only delete old copies once you’ve checked the resources and details are accurate in Simplero.
#3 Check the data
There are a couple of different times when you should undertake data checks — post-migration and pre-live. These might sound like the same time, but they’re actually quite different.
Your post-migration data check happens after the migration has taken place. It’s time to check the data once more to ensure there has been a smooth transition. Identify any issues with the data that was transferred such as wrong format or incomplete information, and repair where possible.
Review your data in Simplero and decide whether a second cleanse is required to tidy up the information you migrated across.
The pre-live check happens just as you’re almost ready to go live to the world. But before you do, take time to go through each part of your new system from the perspective of your customers.
Rigorous testing will find out if and where any problems exist within the new system. Try with different team members on different operating systems/platforms, etc., to see that they are successful with the tests.
The Key To A Smooth And Successful System Migration
Having a tried and tested system migration plan in place is the key to ensuring nothing gets missed. So, if you want a smoother, more organised migration to Simplero, grab a free copy of our Migration Preparation Checklist.
Using this step-by-step checklist, you’ll be able to:
- Successfully map your system migration so you don’t skip any important steps
- Consistently show up for your audience so you don’t out on sales
- Confidently balance your workload to allow ample testing and fixing time
- Critically analyse your new system and see how it’s benefiting your business.